Sunday 15 July 2012

Abandon ship!

I got to chapter 14 of a new novel I was writing when it began to feel all wrong. It wasn't writer's block, it was something much more serious. The story was weighing my spirit down so surely that I began to think, perhaps I should not continue. The more I thought of that, the more the heaviness lifted from me.

I believe that books have souls, oh not in the same way as humans have, but there is definitely something of the soul of a book that passes into the souls of readers and I certainly wouldn't want to give my readers the weighted experience that I had before I abandoned it. I have begun two other new story/books after that and  there is no going back to the old one.

If a book does not offer faith, hope and love or one of these three, it probably should not be written. That's just me speaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment